Hot Cheesy Corn Dip Recipe
Corn is in finally in season this summer! You can find corn piled high in the grocery store and farmers market this time of year bursting with sweet, sweet flavour. Grab yourself a bundle and whip up this hot cheesy, corn dip to feed a crowd!
This hot & spicy cheesy corn dip is the perfect appetizer to make the most of sweet corn this season. It is great served with nacho chips, veggies or toasted baguette slices. You can make the dip in advance and just heat it up when your guests arrive. Corn is best grilled in this recipe as boiling the corn can make the dip watery, so fire up the BBQ!
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Serves: 6-8 as an appetizer
4 cobs corn, husked
½ cup mayonnaise
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded aged cheddar cheese
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp hot sauce (add more or less depending on spice preference)
¼ red onion, finely diced (about ½ cup)
1 small red pepper, finely diced
½ cup roughly chopped and packed cilantro
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Toss corn cobs in a bit of oil. Place on the grill to roast, rotating every 2-3 minutes. The corn should get nice and charred on each side. Remove corn and set aside to cool slightly. Slice corn kernels off corn when cool enough to handle.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl combine corn kernels with mayonnaise, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, chili powder, salt, hot sauce, red onion, red pepper and cilantro.
4. Evenly spread mixture into an 8 x 8” baking dish or dish of a similar capacity. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes, until cheese mixture is bubbling around the edges. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
* This recipe post was written in partnership with Metro Ontario!